Saturday, October 16, 2010

Host Ubuntu 10.10, Guest Windows XP - sharing folders.

In virtualbox 3.2.10, I first installed guest additions.
Then, I setup sharing folder from Devices menu of virtualbox.
For example I shared \home\mysharingfolder. (the folder exists in \home of my ubuntu system).
In Folder Path navigate to the folder you created in step one and select it.Check “Make Permanent”.


In commandline of windows:
net use x: \\vboxsrv\mysharingfolder

Now, I can access the 'mysharingfolder' in windows.
Open My computer,you will see the shared folder:


Windows Host and Ubuntu guest:
1.Create a folder in windows,assuming it is:

c:/mysharingfolder

2.Same to the step 2 above.
3.In ubuntu guest,open terminal(Applications->Accessories->Terminal).Using following command mount the folder:

sudo mkdir /media/mysharingfolder sudo mount -t vboxsf vbshare /media/mysharingfolder

No comments :